Powerful Suction Designed to Fit in Your "First In Kit"!
Since the SSCOR QUICKDRAW® Suction Unit is designed to fit in an airway bag or first in kit to be easily carried to the patient’s side the question arose, “How do you charge something that is inside a bag?”
The answer is, it is best not to have to charge it. So, we developed the alkaline powered Quickdraw, the first medical aspirator to be powered by alkaline batteries.
Alkaline batteries have many characteristics that make them the ideal power source for an aspirator. They pack a lot of power in a small package, the shelf life is extremely long, they are readily available and they are inexpensive.
The disposable alkaline battery pack will power the Quickdraw for 3 continuous hours before needing to be replaced. Ten AAA batteries in the unique alkaline battery holder will power the Quickdraw for 60 - 100 minutes.
The alkaline powered Quickdraw can function as an extremely efficient handheld suction or as a small, yet powerful and effective traditional suction pump. As a handheld device the Quickdraw is equally efficient no matter who the operator is, or how large or strong the hand is that is operating it. This separates the Quickdraw from manual suction devices that are dependent on strength and endurance to deliver effective suction.
The SSCOR Quickdraw provides suction as efficient as a large aspirator and weighs only 2.6 pounds, small enough to carry in your “first in kit” and taken to the patient’s side where it is needed. It does not need to be carried as a separate piece of equipment to be carried or left behind in the truck.
The LED on the side of the Quickdraw monitors the battery voltage of the alkaline battery pack and lights to alert the user the voltage in the battery pack is becoming low and should be replaced.
SSCOR also offers a ‘AAA’ battery holder which accepts ten (10) standard off the shelf ‘AAA’ alkaline batteries. A ‘AAA’ battery holder will power the Quickdraw for 60-100 minutes using 10 off-the shelf ‘AAA’ batteries at full capacity. After the batteries have been discharged, they can be easily replaced with off-the-shelf “AAA” alkaline batteries or NiMH batteries.
The Quickdraw requires no charging and the device can be stored in the ‘first in’ kit with minimal degradation to the voltage of the battery. The battery maintenance system in the Quickdraw will monitor the voltage in the alkaline battery pack while it is being used and a red LED on the side panel will light when the battery voltage is low and a replacement battery pack is required.
- Maximum negative pressure >500mmHg;
- Low negative pressure setting approximately 80 - 100mmHg
- 10.5” L x 4.5” H x 4.35” W
- 27cm L x 11cm H x 11cm W
- Alkaline Battery Pack 180 minutes run time at full capacity
- Alkaline Battery Holder (10x’AAA’) 60-100 minutes run time with fresh ‘AAA’ alkaline batteries
- 300 cc/ml capacity: 99.98% bacterial effective filter
Hose - Barbed Canister:
- The barbed Quickdraw canister allows the device to be used like a “traditional” suction device. The Quickdraw is placed by the patient and the patient tubing and suction catheter are connected to the barbed fitting on the canister. quickdraw hose barbed canister
- The standard Quickdraw canister with an integral catheter is the quickest way to remove fluids from a patient's airway. QD integral canister
Both versions of the Quickdraw canister feature a 2 position regulator. When capped, the Quickdraw delivers over 500mmHg negative pressure. When the regulator vent is opened, the negative pressure is reduced to approximately 80-100mmHg allowing the device to be used for tracheal and pediatric suction procedures.
AAA Battery Holder
- The AAA battery holder accepts ten (10) standard off-the-shelf AAA alkaline batteries and at full capacity will power the Quickdraw for 60-100 minutes. After the batteries have been discharged, they can be easily replaced with 10 new off-the-shelf AAA alkaline batteries for another 60-100 minutes of power. The AAA battery holder will also accept 10 NiMH batteries and at full capacity will power the Quickdraw for 60-100 minutes. (Batteries not included)
Alkaline Battery Pack
- The alkaline battery pack will run the Quickdraw for 3 hours