ResQGARD® Impedance Threshold Device (ITD) creates slight inspiratory resistance to increase circulation in conscious, breathing patients with low blood pressure due to dehydration, heat shock, blood loss, early sepsis and orthostatic intolerance. When IV or IO access is not practical, the device can provide a bridge to help improve blood flow to vital organs until the casualty can get proper treatment.
ResQGARD®, part of Combat Medical Systems’ MARCH Medical Gear, is for treating spontaneously breathing casualties who are hypovolemic and have symptoms of shock. The device creates a slight amount of therapeutic resistance only when a casualty inhales, which increases blood flow and circulation to vital organs. Studies have shown that the ResQGARD can increase blood pressure up to 30%.1,2
ResQGARD® provides a therapeutic bridge until the casualty can get definitive treatment. The non-invasive device is easily administered by all skill level providers, and safely complements a low volume resuscitation approach to trauma management.
ResQGARD® is indicated for casualties who present with poor circulation from a variety of causes, e.g. blood loss, dehydration, heat stroke, early sepsis and orthostatic intolerance.
- Enhanced Perfusion to vital organs
- Increases Blood Pressure by up to 30%
- Non-Invasive and easily administered by all skill levels
- Compatible with facemask or mouthpiece
- Design enables administration of supplemental oxygen
- Low cube
- Studies have demonstrated increases in blood pressure by up to 30%
- Lowers Intracranial Pressure (ICP) by 25%
- Increases perfusion to the brain and other vital organs
- Complements a permissive hypotension approach to trauma management
- Will not dilute clotting factors or pop clots
- Easily administered by all skill levels as a non-invasive device