The Blizzard Heat Casualty Blanket is the new standard in hypothermia prevention for casualties. This extra-large blanket wraps around a casualty and seals with hook-and-loop fasteners. Blizzard Heat includes four oxygen-activated heating pads, placed inside, which provide effective warming during CASEVAC. This blanket accommodates all patient sizes.
No reflective blanket on earth can match the thermal retention properties of Reflexcell®. Originally designed to withstand extreme blizzard conditions, our solutions have grown to cover multiple environments and applications.
PerSys Medical thermal products are unmatched in the treatment of hypothermia caused by environmental exposure, traumatic injury, blood loss, and other conditions affecting the body’s ability to regulate its core temperature.
HOW REFLEXCELL® WORKS:
- Cellular network traps warm air
- Metallic surfaces reflect heat back to patient
- Elastic cords “hug” the body, eliminating heat voids
- Water and wind proof
WITH THE RIGHT TECHNOLOGY, EVERY CASE OF HYPOTHERMIA IS TREATABLE AND SURVIVABLE.
Why Reflexcell? Because one layer simply won’t do.
Standard EMS blankets have one layer and are not designed to retain heat. They only slow heat loss and provide minimal thermal retention. Multiple blankets are often required to treat one patient. Our Reflexcell technology allows “one wrap” for total warmth and delivers the most effective thermal retention on the market. At the same weight and volume, Reflexcell is 400% warmer than synthetic material blankets and 150% warmer than down-insulated garments and bags.
TRAUMA ACCOUNTS FOR 41 MILLION ER VISITS AND 2.3 MILLION HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS YEARLY.
- Hypothermia is treated in cases of hemorrhage, burns, and exposure and immersion
- Hemorrhage results in a rapid decrease in the body’s ability to ensure hemostasis which can result in hypothermia, shock, and death
- Burns rob the body of its ability to retain fluids, regulate temperature, and result in 450,000 injuries requiring medical attention annually
- Exposure and immersion result in over 1,300 patient deaths each year
- Weight: 4.4 lbs
- Dimensions: 35" x 25" x 8"