The Infusomat® Space large volume infusion pump is designed for acute care adult and pediatric facilities. Weighing only 3 pounds, it’s smart, compact design allows for flexibility and easy transport within all care settings. The Infusomat® Space packs state-of-the-art versatility that promotes efficiencies in the ICU, CCU, NICU, PICU, OR, Emergency Department or Outpatient Care settings.
The Space pump design focuses on the needs of clinicians with an emphasis on intuitive workflow and navigation. To achieve this, B. Braun worked with Healthcare Human Factors, a global leader in developing best practices for human factors testing in healthcare.
During design and validation, the device underwent more than 100 hours of usability testing with a total of 100 registered, practicing nurses and anesthesiologists participating in eight human factors tests - four formative evaluations and four summative usability tests. It was one of the first infusion pumps to be cleared by the FDA’s new human factor and usability engineering process.
- The SpaceStation allows flexible configuration of your workstations. Up to four Space infusion pumps can be placed into one docking station in any configuration.
- All it takes is a click to integrate the devices into the system. Removal is just as quick and easy
- For complex therapies, up to six SpaceStations can be conveniently combined into one system. The power is always supplied to the system via a single cable
- With the SpaceCover Comfort the status of the infusion devices can easily be identified at a glance. Alarms and pre-alarms will be indicated visually and audibly. The integrated carry handle converts the B. Braun SpaceStation into a portable unit
Infusomat Space Infusion Pump:
- Independent Modularity: Amicroprocessor in each pump helps to prevent channel confusion and catastrophic pump failures
- Easily Stackable: Vertical stacking takes less space for increased versatility in certain healthcare settings
KeyGuard: Non-numeric keypad with simple arrows designed to prevent manual programming errors related to zero vs. decimal entry
- Intuitive Universal User Interface: Helps to reduce staff training time
- Extensive Drug Library: Includes customizable hard and soft limits and clinical advisories
- Wireless Integration: Allows for complete interoperability
- Alarms: Audible, clearly visible and differentiated using different tones